What Exactly is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy may seem like something straight out of the movies – looking at you, Austin Powers – but it’s actually a well-known therapy that’s often used by professional athletes looking to naturally boost energy levels and revitalize sore, tired muscles.Let’s take a look at cryotherapy, including how it works and its biggest benefits.
What is Cryotherapy?The idea behind cryotherapy is that by exposing the body to extremely cold temperatures, you’re essentially providing it with the boost it needs to heal faster, restore muscle strength, and treat a variety of other health issues. Patients need only to spend about three minutes in a cryotherapy chamber to start reaping these benefits.
The 5 Biggest Benefits of Cryotherapy
1. Increased Muscle RecoveryThis is a big benefit; in fact, it’s one of the main reasons why professional athletes and their coaches are such huge fans of cryotherapy. The hyperoxygenated blood that is delivered to the body’s tissues post-treatment aid in the delivery of antiinflammatory effects that help muscles and joints recovery faster.
2. Can alleviate common skin problems.Cryotherapy has been shown to help relieve symptoms associated with chronic skin conditions, including dermatitis and other issues that can result in rashes and dry skin.
3. Provides a boost to energy levels.Want to feel a surge of energy – without relying on coffee? Cryotherapy is perfect for you, the freezing therapy has been shown to boost energy levels, as well as improve concentration and mental focus.
4. May help with weight loss.In addition to an energy surge, cryotherapy has been shown to boost metabolism levels, which can help clients get a jump-start on their weight-loss goals. A single session typically helps burn an additional 400 to 800 calories in the few hours following a treatment session.
5. Can help improve migraine symptoms.As cryotherapy can relieve nerve pain around the neck and shoulders, a secondary benefit is that it can help reduce the number of migraines experienced on a monthly basis.
Take the Next StepWant to see if cryotherapy is right for you? Schedule a consultation with The Refinery by filling out our online consultation form or calling our West Melbourne, FL office directly to schedule – (321) 200-1449. The Refinery serves the greater Melbourne and Palm Bay areas
The Refinery Medspa is fantastic! The staff is friendly, experienced, and they make you feel comfortable. My provider explained the service to me and made sure it fit my goals. The pricing is upfront and there is no pressure to buy services or products you aren’t interested in. The Medspa is clean and nicely decorated. Booking appointments is easy and the text reminders are helpful. I would highly recommend this Medspa!*
Professional, courteous and caring Staff! I have acquired multiple services from the Refinery Med Spa and Wellness. The results certainly speak for themselves!!! High quality products with the most professional staff...THANK YOU to the entire STAFF for restoring some youth back to me. I'm looking forward to my next appointment. One very happy client!!!*
The Refinery staff provides outstanding service. I have enjoyed the benefits of the Cryotherapy treatment. My wife has taken advantage of many services provided by The Refinery. We highly recommend The Refinery of Melbourne.*
Amazing, I had my first consultation today it was a great experience.*
The Refinery Medspa & Wellness is a top notch medi-spa with highly trained and knowledgeable staff. I trust and use them for all of my wellness needs.*
*Individual results may vary
Take the First Step - Request A Complimentary Consultation
If you would like to schedule an in-person consultation, please fill out the form on this page and one of our knowledgeable medical staff members at The Refinery will reach out to you promptly. You can also call our West Melbourne, FL office directly to schedule: 321-339-1001. The Refinery serves the greater Melbourne and Palm Bay areas.
*Individual results may vary