What are Eyelash Extensions?
What Happens During Your Eyelash ExtensionAppointment?
You’ll start with a complimentary consultation with our lash artist. She will design a customized lash application for you! Once you’ve had a consultation, your lash artist will have you lie back and relax. She will use special sanitized tools to isolate each individual lash. Once your lash is isolated, she will use a medical-grade glue to adhere to the synthetic lash to your own natural lash. Depending on the lash style you and your artist decide on, it will determine your appointment time. On average this process takes 1-2 hours.
Eyelash extensions last as long as the growth cycle of the natural lashes which is about 6-8 weeks. Lash extensions fall out along with the natural shedding of your lashes. You will lose on average 2-5 natural lashes per day. The extensions are attached which means they will go too. For this reason, fills are required every 2-4 weeks.
How Do I Maintain My Eyelash Extensions?
Maintenance is important after a lash application or fill. Proper care of your eyelash extensions, will maintain hygiene and help extend the life of your investment.
- Do not get the lashes wet for at least 24 hours after application to allow for the glue to set.
- Use oil-free makeup as oil can break down the bond of the glue.
- Do not curl your lashes.
- Avoid steam or excessive heat. (Hot showers, saunas, or blow dryers directed at your face)
- Do not rub your eyes or sleep on your face.
- Clean your lashes with baby shampoo.
- Schedule your lash fill appointment every 2-4 weeks.
COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE NOW
Take the first step. Get your questions answered and find out which treatment option is best for your personal situation by meeting with one of our knowledgeable staff at The Refinery Medspa for a complimentary in-person consultation.
Simply fill out the form on this page, and one of our experienced team members will reach out to you promptly to schedule your consultation.
Am I A Good Candidate for Eyelash Extensions?
You may be a good candidate for eyelash extensions:
- If you desire longer, fuller lashes.
- If you’d like to look glamorous before a special event.
- If you want to wake up every morning with beautiful lashes.
- If you’re tired of using mascara or DIY lash extensions to achieve your ideal look.
Who Should Avoid Eyelash Extensions
You should avoid eyelash extensions if you:
- Suffer from seasonal allergies.
- Rub your eyes frequently.
- Have sensitive skin around your eyes that gets irritated easily.
- Are undergoing chemotherapy.
- Have severe alopecia, trichotillomania, or trichosis.
What Results Will I See?
Patients treated with eyelash extensions often see:
- Longer lashes.
- Thicker lashes.
- Fuller lashes.
- More dramatic lashes.
*Individual results may vary
Take the First Step - Request A Complimentary Consultation
*Individual results may vary