If you’re looking for immediate, age-defying benefits and minimal downtime, it’s hard to beat dermal fillers. One 30-minute session with our expert injectors will provide you with months of plumped, revitalized skin with fewer lines and wrinkles, smoother texture and enhanced elasticity.
To help you achieve your best results, here are a few expert tips:
At least 1 week before your treatment:
1. Start taking arnica montana, a trusted anti-bruising supplement. (Check with your doctor to ensure there are no contraindications based on other medications or supplements you may be taking.)
2. Avoid blood thinning substances (which can raise your risk of bruising), including ibuprofen, aspirin and alcohol.
3. If you are nervous about pain, tell us! While injectables are well tolerated, we offer a number of ways to ensure your comfort, including the application of a topical numbing cream.
30 minutes before your session:
1. Apply a cold compress, wrapped in a towel, to your treatment areas. Cooling your skin will help to shrink your blood vessels and reduce your risk of bruising.
Immediately following your session:
1. Apply a towel-wrapped cold compress to your treatment areas. The cold decreases the amount of blood leaking from any broken capillaries and will help reduce swelling and inflammation.
2. Continue taking arnica montana for another week following your session.
3. Be prepared for some swelling which may gradually increase in the hours after your treatment. The worst swelling will be the night of your treatment, and will improve in the days following. Swelling is normal, and may take up to a week to fully subside.
Above all else—relax and be patient for your results to settle. It can take a full week or longer before you can see your true results. Avoid touching or massaging your treatment areas, which can increase swelling.